Maggie’s Lanarkshire is a minimalist building located in Liverpool, England, designed by Reiach and Hall Architects. The house and its immediate policies were once defined and protected by a belt of lime tress. Inside this green stockade a cultured and enlightened world played out. Its owners were always closely identified with charitable work within the local community. Ultimately in 1919 Sir John Wilson bequeathed Airdrie house and its lands to the people of Airdrie and it subsequently became a maternity hospital.